Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Live Show Recording

I bought a Belkin TuneTalk voice recorder and used it to record my show at the Tipsy Teapot last weekend. After much heartache, I figured out how to get music off of an Ipod, and I retrieved the 2.5 hours of music I recorded. Well, thus far, I have listened to a couple songs. The recording sounds okay except every now and then there is a high pitched screeching sound.

Needless to say, this will not do. I'm looking into buying a different recording device. I like the Zoom H4, but I haven't really researched anything. Also, I don't have $250 lying around for a recorder. So, I'll probably continue to use the Tunetalk so that I can review shows and improve (hopefully) my performance.

I will still post a few recordings on my reverbnation.com site. I was going to put these up only for fans, but since the records have their faults, I'll probably allow them for anyone to download. Currently, songs from "Blue Horizons" and "Lava Lamp (Acoustic)" are on the site for streaming only.

I'll post again when I get some songs uploaded.

Sincerely,
Lawtonious "SCREEECH" Funk

No comments: